Paul A. Kolarsick, MD, DABS
Fellowship: Colorectal Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic Florida – Weston, Florida 2018 – 2019
Residency: General Surgery
- Monmouth Medical Center – Long Branch, New Jersey 2013 –2018
- Rutgers – New Jersey Medical School – Doctor of Medicine 2009 – 2013
- Vanderbilt University, BS in Biological Sciences 2004 – 2008
- American Board of Surgery – 2018
- Kolarsick P., Sacchi M., Spinelli A., Wexner, SD. Colorectal Cancer Surgery in the Elderly: the role of Minimally Invasive Surgery. European Journal of Surgical Oncology.
- Dinallo A., Kolarsick P., Boyan W., James A., Newman J., Yalamanchili P., Dressner R., Arvanitis M (in press). Does routine use of indocyanine green fluorescence angiography prevent anastomotic leak? A retrospective cohort analysis. The American Journal of Surgery. 218; 136-139. 2019.
- Kozusco, S., Kolarsick, P., Ginalis, E. “Acute cholangitis in patient with Kluyvera cryocrescens bacteremia; A case report and literature review. Case Studies in Surgery. Vol 2, No. 4. 2016
- Kolarsick, P., Kolarsick, M., Goodwin, C. “Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin”. Site Specific Cancer Series: Skin Cancer. Muehlbauer, P. & McGowan, C. (Editors). Chapter 1: 1-11. ONS, 2009.
- Kolarsick P., Strombom P., Wexner SD. Elective surgery for complicated diverticulitis. Diverticulitis—A Comprehensive, Evidence-Based Guide to Diagnosis and Management. Garfinkle R & Sylla P (Editors). Springer Nature. Chapter.
- Kolarsick P., Wexner SD. Familial Adenomatis Polyposis Syndrome: 19 year old patient with severe rectal involvement. Dilemmas in Abdominal Surgery: A Case-Based Approach. Barreto SG & Shrikhande SV (Editors). Chapter.
- American Society of Colorectal Surgeons: Candidate Member
- American College of Surgeons: Associate Fellow
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, Member
- American Medical Association: Member
- Graduate Medical Education Committee, Monmouth Medical Center: 2013-2018
Awards & Merits
- Certification of da Vinci System Training as a Resident or Fellow (certificate pending).
- The Cyril S. Arvanitis Memorial Award. 2018
o “Awared to the resident who has epitomized the virtues of dependability, efficiency and promptness in the conduct of his work”
- Michael A. Goldfarb MD Surgical Research Award. 2017
o Ellen J Cosgrove Housestaff Research Award Competition. June 2017
o Project: Does routine use of indocyanine green fluorescence angiography prevent anastomotic leak? A retrospective cohort analysis
- American College of Surgeons Annual Conference Jeopardy Team 2016
- New Jersey Chapter of American College of Surgeons Jeopardy Team 2015 & 2016
- New Jersey Medical School Alumni Award Scholarship Recipient: 2012